Sugar Land Municipal Court will dismiss tickets for certain violations only. Fees and court costs vary greatly depending on the violation. When drivers received citation for speeding or other vehicle moving violations, they can request a driver safety course that will dismiss the ticket.
Sugar Land Municipal Court Driver Safety Course
Persons cited with a traffic or moving violation should first get permission from Sugar land Municipal Court to take an online defensive driving course. When requesting to complete a defensive driving course, you will need to enter a plea of no contest or guilty, pay applicable court and administrative fees, and be able to present a valid driver’s license and proof of liability insurance.
Requests for an online defensive driving course can be made online, in person or by mail. All requests need to be made by the court date printed on the citation. Failure to submit required information to the court in a timely manner could result in losing the option to complete a defensive driving course.
Sugar Land Municipal Court Dismissals
If a person has been cited for something other than a moving or traffic violation, typically the citation can be dismissed with proof of correction. The proof of correction or inspection is required to be presented to the court on or before the assigned court date. The following violations are a few things that can be corrected or adjusted for the ticket to be dismissed by Sugar Land Municipal Court.
- Defective equipment – Items such as mufflers, turn signals, and mirrors would be considered defective equipment.
- Driving without a license or failure to present license
- Failure to provide proof of liability insurance
- Failure to change and update information on driver’s license (address and name)
- Headlight and tail lights – improper placement, non-functional, removal of blue lights
- License Plate – Driving with an expired plate, incorrect plate or unclean plate
Persons cited for an item listed above will be required to show proof of repair or correction and expect the court inspect the vehicle.
Sugar Land Municipal Court Location
Sugar Land Municipal Court (physical)
1200 Highway 6 S.
Sugar Land, TX 77498
Phone: (281) 275-2390
Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sugar Land Municipal Court (mailing)
P.O. Box 110
Sugar Land, TX 77498